Atom Recreation start up and evaluation schedules, groups and teams can be found on the EVALUATIONS page
Once teams are formed, Atom Recreation schedules can be found on the SCHEDULES page
***Atom Transition ice for the 2018/2019 season is scheduled during the last 2 weeks of August, 2018. Exact days and times will posted and emailed out to eligible participants when confirmed***
Atom House player evaluations will begin in September 2018 after the 1st stage of Atom Dev. Tryouts has been completed. This ensures players released from the tryout process take part in the evaluation skates. It is the responsibility of the player to ensure they are aware of which grouping he/she is to attend. Players are required to attend ALL evaluation sessions and requests for changes to groupings will NOT be accommodated. Groupings are based on first initial of last name. Please be sure pinneys are returned to the person in charge.
- Each player will partake in 2 evaluation skates.
- Head Coaches/Evaluators will rate each player using the 1-10 method.
- All ratings are shared with Association Head Coaches.
- The Division Director with the support of the Association Head Coach will hold a player draft.
- Upon completion of the draft, a meeting will be held with all Head Coaches, the Division Director and the Association Head Coach or designate. Teams will be assigned to team Head Coaches through a random draw.
- Trades will then be made to allow a team Head Coach to trade for his/her own son/daughter and those of 1 Assistant Coach or Team Manager or Safety Person. These trades will be made involving players of equal rankings only.
- Further trades may occur but players involved must be of equal rankings. All trades must have final approval of Association Head Coach.
- Requests will not be allowed, EXCEPT in case of siblings who must be on same team.
- Balancing games will commence to ensure all teams within the association are close in skill level. PLEASE NOTE THAT MOVEMENT MAY NEED TO BE MADE SHOULD TEAMS BE OUT OF BALANCE.
SCHEDULE: (RLP = Royal Lepage Place/JL = Jim Lind Arena)
See the evaluation page of the website for groups and evaluation ice times