Covid Procedures and Protocols
As per Interior Health's New Policy
If you are a close contact
Monitor for symptoms regardless of your vaccination status. Stay at home if you are feeling unwell or starting to develop symptoms.
(Close contact at the rink would be anyone who has a COVID positive person that attended a practice or game. Only the team with a COVID positive person would be considered close contact.)
If you're experiencing symptoms or have tested positive for COVID-19:
You must self-isolate right away to protect those around you. Self-isolation prevents the spread of COVID-19. Self-isolation means staying at home, avoiding contact with other people including those in your household if possible, and only leaving home for critical reasons, like a medical emergency.
If testing is not recommended:
Self-isolate until you feel well enough to return to regular activities and no longer have fever (without the use of medicines that reduce fever-like Tylenol or Advil). If you feel worse, call 8-1-1 or your health care provider.
If testing is recommended:
Self-isolate until you get your test and after your test until you get your result. Then self-isolate as follows:
If you tested positive:
- If fully vaccinated, self-isolate for at least 5 days since the start of your symptoms. Wear a mask even in settings where a mask isn’t required and avoid higher risk settings, such as long term care facilities and gatherings, for another 5 days after ending isolation.
- If unvaccinated or partially vaccinated, self-isolate for at least 10 days since the start of your symptoms.
- If you don’t feel better after the 5 or 10 days, keep self-isolating until you feel better and your fever is gone (without taking medicine that reduces fever).
- If you feel worse, call 8-1-1 or your medical care provider.
- Public health will let you know if you need to self-isolate for more than 10 days.
If you tested negative:
- Self-isolate until your symptoms improve and you feel well enough to return to regular activities.
- If you had a fever, stay home until the fever is gone (without taking medicine that reduces fever).
West Kelowna Minor Hockey Association